Making Stampede Memories with Littles
I love getting out and about with my tribe. And if your in Calgary chances are you LOVE getting out for Stampede fun. I have so many fond memories of Stampede as a child and I love sharing that with my littles as well. One of the best feelings of Stampede is the music, the hustle and vibrancy that it brings to the city.
The thing I have learned over the years is that with kids it can be tricky to find family fun that doesn't break the bank (legit!)
It's no secret that I love the Core Shopping Centre. Have you seen how gorgeous it is? I also love how they offer fun FREE events for the whole family throughout the year. Their 2018 Stampede lineup has lots of daily family fun.
They have partnered with Cowboys for a 10 day pop-up with free music, entertainment, games, giveaways and more. We all LOVE free stuff and you won't want to miss these! I'm talking big Giveaways LIKE Festival Chute Passes, Concert Tickets (Steven Tyler, Kygo, Old Dominion / Jon Pardi, Kip Moore, Lanco, Big & Rich), Fast Passes and Cowboys Merchandise.
Top Tips of enjoying The Stampede festivities at The Core with your little tribe:
1. If you can find a local stampede breakfast HIT.IT.UP (or check out The Core's on June 11 at Hy's for the Fire Fighters Burn Treatment) Then, Park at an LRT station and take the train downtown. You don't need to battle traffic and your kids will be LOVING the train ride (legit both of mine CRIED because they wanted to go on the train so bad!)
2. Hit up the Core's indoor playground in the Devonian Gardens to beat the outdoor Stampede heat (which is usually +30 degrees!!)
3. Hit up the entertainment from 12-1 at the Cowboys pop-up stage, this is everything from acoustic singers, mini horse petting, one man band show, DJ dance parties, games & giveaways and more! Check out the full line up here:
Don't forget to check out Mason Ramsay's performance (The Yodel Boy) on July 13th he is insanely talented! He is 11 years old and his hit song Famous is so good!
Also on the lineup there is the Hy's stampede breakfast (as mentioned above), a Simons Fashion show on Stephen Ave and a Paul Brandt hat sighing #yassss
4. Grab an expresso at Cafe Trieste (SO good!)
5. Pack a lunch or snacks and eat by the fish pond or in the Devonian Gardens. My kids love this indoor oasis!
6. Head back on the train after having SUCH a fun day!
PS. My tribe and I went down after the parade (another incredible free event!) and saw the stars of NASHVILLE sing and it was so fun. The kids danced, we drank coffee and loved making memories.
SO get your boots on, get out of the house and fall in love with the memories you'll be making!
All the best,
Top Knot Mommy
This is a paid partnership with The Core Shopping Centre. A company that I value and I love working with because they truly have an amazing family friendly facility and put on incredible events.