Top 5 ways to get started working out post baby
Lets get real. Saying no to workouts can be a REAL easy but it’s a slippery slope #truth
Before kids it was easy. Then you have a baby and your all #whatworkouts?
Next thing you realize your exercise regime is flipping through instagram and thinking of getting your sweat on, or liking fit peoples photos, case that counts right?
Over time it feels like it’s harder to start and life gets out of hand and it’s not a priority. We’ve all been there but there are some simple steps to turn those thoughts into a reality.
It's really easy to fall into a funk. But it can also be quite easy to get moving and get a new routine that you love!
Here are my top 5 tips of getting back into a routine that will save your sanity, blow off some steam and help you feel fit and fabulous!
- Just start. Thats right, do it. Consider where your fitness is and start there. For some its at the basics of walking and for others maybe you have a moderate level of fitness already. Start slow (so you don’t over do it and can’t walk for a week!), go for a walk daily for 2 weeks, start adding in 10 minutes of strength here and there. Just move and keep doing it.
- Make a plan. Know exactly what your going to do and when. Then you can stick to it and feel proud of yourself.
- Plan your workout wardrobe. When I get up I put it on, cause then your half way there right?
- Put on some serious beats and get pumped up, it dramatically helps lift your mood and gets you into the workout a lot easier!
- Be consistent. It’s not about the crazy exercises or any real top secrets. Healthy living and an exercise program is about consistency. Overtimeyou get the results you want. There is no quick fix. But when you do it properly the results are worth it!
Some of my favorites are getting the kids in the stroller with snacks, blaring beats in my ear phones and doing power walks, lunges, squats or whatever comes to me. I also love a good backyard workout while the kids play.
Consider getting a timer app on your phone and rotate through your fave exercises. You’ll be amazed how great you feel after, how your stress is gone, you suddenly will survive the day and over time all the wobbily bits just feel better!
So join me. Get moving, find exercise that you love and be fit and happy!
Stay fit and happy,
Top Knot Mommy